Double Your Freelancing Rate in 14 Days
You want to charge more, but you don't want your clients to run for the hills. I know exactly how you feel - I was the same way and underpriced myself for years. But I changed a few core aspects of my business, and today I'm charging over $100 more an hour than I was just a year ago, my clients are happier, and I'm slammed with project requests.
My book "Double Your Freelancing Rate" is a no-nonsense, actionable guide that has helped thousands of freelancers increase their freelancing income. If you want to make more money freelancing, or want to maintain your standard of living and work less hours, you need my book.
Here's how I'll help transform your freelancing business in just two weeks:
- You'll understand how your clients react to price
- You'll be able to position yourself to deliver more value to your clients at a higher rate
- You'll know why clients try to negotiate rates, and how to stand your ground
- You'll end with a start-to-finish strategy that will help you close higher value deals
- You'll put together a 5 year plan for continually growing your freelancing business
Bonus: I've interviewed 7 premium freelancers who charge upwards of $200 an hour. I've included these in-depth case studies in the book.
I spent years figuring this out, forgoing hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost revenue. For freelancers who take my advice and actually apply it, the book pays for itself in an hour or two at their new rate... And then some. Most success stories are bringing in hundreds or thousands of dollars in additional revenue each week!
If my book doesn't help you raise your rates, I'll refund you 100% and offer you an hour consult to fix your freelancing business. You have nothing to lose (and I'd be on the hook for an hour of my time.)
Reader success stories
- "Honestly, it is one of the best no-nonsense, immediately useful books I've ever read in my life. And I'm not just blowing smoke. I got a prospect call and immediately put it to use. Worth every penny, hell, double the price." -- Kyle Daigle, Digitalworkbox, llc (digitalworkbox.com)
- "I now have established - with your help - something that helps set me apart from web developers and market myself as a consultant. Fear no longer keeps me from charging what I'm worth." -- Dean Christensen
- "After gulping down Brennan's book in one sitting, I immediately sat down and re-formulated my value proposition, re-designed my website, and re-envisioned my business purpose. I also bumped the rates in a proposal I was working on by 20% -- the client didn't even blink." -- David Noel, Black Chair Studios (blackchair.net)
- "Reading your book did tell me two things: 1) I'm on the right path and 2) I could still potentially raise my rate. The timing is also incredibly good as I have already been working on a site revamp (not just a redesign, but revamping the focus and messaging), so the bits of homework/info on that has reinforced that and given me more to go on." -- Angie Herrera, 420 Creative (420creative.com)
- "Just sent off a proposal for triple what my average project has been in the past. I now have a really nice tool for estimating with Planscope. Your book played a part (even though I am still reading it) and Mike Monteiro's Design is a Job played a part as well... I know there is room for an increase in my prices based on what others in my arena charge so I am planning on working my costs up to what is currently accepted. Anyway, I thought you might like to know. I hope I get this contract :)" -- Marcus Neto, Designer (marcusneto.com)
Frequently asked questions
Q: Why should I trust you? A: I can happily say that the theory and advice found in this book is not original. For months, I pored through textbook-sized books on pricing theory and psychology written for MBAs and Chief Marketing Officers. I've taken what's useful for people like you and me and condensed it into a short, 2 hour read. I've also interviewed scores of freelancers and clients to get their perspectives. And yes, I've included things I've learned from freelancing for over 5 years.
Q: Brennan, you're a web developer. I'm a X (designer, copywriter, whatever). Is this book for me? A: My book is entirely focused on the business behind your freelancing company. I don't care if you're a freelance sheep shearer - if you charge clients for your time, this book will be valuable for you.
Q: I'm struggling to find clients, the last thing I want is to get "greedy" with the clients I already have. A: My book might appear to be about how to charge more, but its really about how to deliver a better product to your clients that will make them need to work with you. After reading my book, your mindset and attitude will change, and you'll get better clients easier than you're getting them today.
Q: What's in it for you? A: Money, the satisfaction of knowing I've helped people, and a pool of peers who are helping make our services more valuable to our clients (a rising tide lifts all boats). The last chapter in my book is all about how to do things like writing ebooks, building products, or hanging out with your kids are doable when you charge more and work less.
Not ready to raise your rates? Sign up for the mailing list and I'll send you tidbits of free freelancing advice once a week.
Brennan Dunn has been a freelance consultant for the last 5 years. He went from a business of one to managing a group of 10 developers and designers. In the last year, he started a project management tool for consultants that has since grown to over 2,000 users. You can find his blog, podcast, and more at his personal website and he tweets at @brennandunn.